(1)I feel the most interesting part of this section was the discussion of the movement of the tectonic plates. I have heard of it before and it wasn’t some strange or revolutionary idea to me. However, it was the first time I’ve really sat down and considered it. The slow pace of immense landmasses moving away and toward each other. Even as slowly as they move, when they meet and converge it changes the entire map but does so, so slowly, that we don’t even see the change until we look at what used to be. Then I read the discussion topic and thought how similar that is to humans when we make a decision to change course. We grow and slowly move toward a goal, such as getting a degree. It goes so slowly that we don’t see the difference until we look back to see how far we’ve come.(2)I found how the continents being connected through the plates were how they were able to move throughout time. I also think that it is quite fascinating that with all the movement and results in the creation of mountains, basins, and plateaus not only on the surface but also at the bottom of the ocean. Essentially the way the movement of the plates acts as a circle of life type of situation. Learning terms such as subduction was probably one of the most ah ha moments I have ever had. Not realizing the connection between movements of plates and how formations of mountains and underwater depths came about. I also did not know that volcanoes were apart of the whole cycle when plates continue to move and try to go under one another creating volcanoes on the ocean floor or they could emerge as a volcanic island arc. I always wondered how volcanoes came about and did not think too much into it other than they were formed many, many years ago. One way I can relate this to my personal life would be to think back about when I was a little child living with my parents in California while my father was stationed there in the army. I always heard the story about how my dad never wanted to stay in California because he was always worried that part of California would fall off into the ocean. I remember and still until I started to read and watch the videos in this class that I even considered how earthquakes came into play and maybe the possibility of California spreading apart in certain areas what might have caused it. I used to laugh at the notion of my dad’s thoughts until now. I find myself sitting here and wondering what the possibility or likelihood that it will happen. How many more years before we notice any type of shift or if it will even be noticeable. Never once did I ever consider the notion that all of what my dad feared was a natural cycle of how the world operates and I look forward to understanding a little more each day. IN 3-4 LINES, RESPOND TO THIS TWO DISCUSSION BOARD
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.