1. Please answer all three of the questions below. Be sure to answer each sub-question.2. Each answer should be approximately 600-800 words per answer. 3. Only use course materials for this test. Please use in-text citations when you quote our course readings (Engelhardt, 68). A reference sheet is not needed for this activity. 5. Remember that this test is graded, in part, on the quality of the reasons you give to defend and explain your answers. Think carefully about your answers and explain them clearly and thoroughly (though keep the word count in mind). Use quotes from the texts to help explain your answers.Questions1. Project Prevention: Please read the following case and answer the ethical question at the end of the case from both Utilitarian and Kantian ethical perspectives. Case: A national organization, Project Prevention, is dedicated to minimizing the number of children born to drug- (and alcohol) addicted parents. To accomplish this goal, chapter members within a particular community walk the streets of their cities – often downtown districts – and offer women they believe are addicted to drugs, or vulnerable to addiction, $300 if they will show proof that they have undergone a sterilization procedure. Alternatively, women can choose to be paid $300 in installments for long-term birth control for a period of time, often 6 months. The organization will also financially assist women in paying for sterilization surgeries. Project Prevention claims that they have served nearly 2000 clients. Are their efforts ethical?Questions: a) First, state the Kantian and Utilitarian principles that you will use in your analysis. You may include a few details that help to clarify the principles. b) Using Kant’s principles, do you think Project Prevention’s program is ethical given what you understand of the program from the case above? You can begin by thinking about what elements of the case would interest a Kantian, in favor and against. Then, please clearly defend what judgment a Kantian would make in this case. In this case, please do your best to apply both the first and second versions of the Categorical Imperative.c) Using the Utilitarian ethical principle, what judgment would a Utilitarian make about the ethics of Project Prevention’s program? Why do you think so? Additional Points: • In each point that you make, consider how it is relevant for ethics. • Apply what you have learned about the ethical duties of medical professionals in your response.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.