1. Read Plato’s dialogue Euthyphro. The text is available here.You are not required to read the entire dialogue. After you have read through the instructions below, you will get a better idea of what you are looking for. In general, you do not have to read past section 10a (although doing so will certainly help you).2. Essay Part I: Socratic Method.Provide a summary of the structure of the dialogue (1-2 pages). This is not a book report. We don’t care what happens in the dialogue, we care about why Socrates and Euthyphro keep changing the definition of ‘piety’. Briefly explain how the discussion develops. Restate each of Euthyphro’s attempted definitions of piety in your own words. Hint: 1st definition occurs right before 5e, 2nd definition is right before 7a, and 3rd occurs at 9e.3. Essay Part II: Critical Essay (3 – 4 pages)Write a response to one of the following:In this dialogue, Socrates ends at the beginning. Why doesn’t he just give an answer to the question ‘what is piety’? What does this say about Socrates’ quest for truth? Can truth ever be found? If not, should we just be relativists or skeptics?How do you understand Euthyphro’s dilemma? Evaluate both horns of the dilemma, and determine which one has more justification. Provide reasons why.Additional Resources:Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy article on ‘Divine Command Theory’ which has a couple of subsections on the Euthyphro dilemma.S. Marc Cohen’s article “Socrates’ Definition of Piety: Euthyphro 10A – 11B”.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.