Acceptance 1. Read the case Olsen v Johnston (Links to an external site.)2. Watch the youtube video on acceptance in contracts (Links to an external site.)and this video (Links to an external site.)3. Explain the following statements in your own words (paraphrase and do not copy from the case):1. To form a legally enforceable contract, there must be (1) identifiable parties capable of contracting; (2) their consent; (3) a lawful object; and (4) a sufficient cause or consideration. The parties’ consent must be free, mutual, and communicated by each to the other. Consent is not determined by the subjective, undisclosed intent of the parties2. Johnston argues that her offer required Olsen to reply to Townsend. Johnston contends that Olsen rejected the terms of her offer when she replied directly to Johnston. Johnston argues that Olsen instead presented a counteroffer when Olsen replied directly to Johnston. Johnston denies having accepted Olsen’s counteroffer. Thus she contends that the parties formed no enforceable contract3. “Johnston did not make clear through her words and associated conduct that a reply to Townsend represented the exclusive permissible mode of acceptance. Johnston consequently did not create a condition precedent to Olsen’s acceptance. The parties’ mutual consent was completed therefore when Olsen accepted Johnston’s offer in a reasonable manner. The offer and acceptance satisfied the three other essential elements of a contract. The parties had capacity to contract, the agreement had a lawful object — the sale of the property, and the agreement called for the exchange of sufficient consideration.”4. Who won the case and whyRemember use your own words, restate the statement numbering your responses.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.