Page 2 of 7 METAMORPHIC ROCKS Watch the following Youtube video in full:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncr-46YX-N0Use your textbook or internet to answer the following questions: First write a summary about the video! (It should contain parts from the beginning, middle, and end of the video – 250 words) Find the image of the following rocks Slate, Phyllite, Schist, and Gneiss in your textbook or any scientific viable internet source (a good link is https://geology.com) and insert the images in corresponding field. Texture Grain Size Characteristics Grade of Metamorphism (low-intermediate-high) Rock Name FoliatedSlaty Slate FoliatedPhyllitic Phyllite FoliatedSchistose Schist FoliatedGneissic Gneiss Non-foliated Quartzite Non-foliated Marble Texture Grain Size Characteristics Name FOLIATED Very Fine Dull Luster Hard Flat Sheets High Frequency “Ping” SLATE Fine Wrinkled or Wavy Layers Metallic Luster Few Larger Crystals PHYLLITE Medium to Coarse Visible Sparkling Platy Minerals (Micas) SCHIST Medium to Coarse Alternating Bands of Light and Dark GNEISS NON-FOLIATED Fine to Medium Calcite (Fizz with HCl) Hardness = 3 MARBLE Fine to Medium Quartz Hardness = 7 META-QUARTZITE The foliation shows the intensity or grade of metamorphism (the amount of heat and pressure the rocks were exposed to). The image below shows how shale or slate would change at different grade of metamorphism.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.