EXAMINATION # 3PSY 1012: General Psychology Dr. Liebert/Fall 2020Instructions: The purpose for this exam is to demonstrate your critical thinking as it applies to the topics discussed so far in class. This is a “take-home” exam; students may use any academic-level reference necessary to develop an appropriate, robust response to the questions below. Remember, the goal is not to merely answer each question using the least amount of words possible. Rather, the goal is to be robust, showcasing the depth of knowledge that’s been obtained from one’s study on the topic so far. All work must reflect the student’s individual efforts. The completed exam needs to be submitted to the designated Drop Box in MyCourses no later than 11:59 pm on the due date. Question 1: Critical Movie Analysis (50 pts) Students need to arrange on their own to watch The Prince of Tides(1991), directed by Barbara Streisand and starring B arbara Streisand and Nick Nolte, who plays the role of Tom Wingo, whose twin-sister is a famous poet and has recently suffered a psychotic break. Streisand is her psychiatrist (Dr. Lowestein)who asks if Tom will serve as his sister’s memory.Question: Provide a psychoanalytic analysis for this film. Your analysis should first identify the psychoanalytic elements present in the movie, followed by a critical analysis addressing the extent to which these elements are accurately portrayed in the movie. The response needs to be limited to 500-words (10% over/under) and include at least two college-level references. The response needs to address the question posed above and avoid any movie summary. Grading Rubric: 40 points = Critical Analysis, 5 points = Correct Use of APA citation, 5 points = grammar.Note: The movie is available for rent (about $3) on Amazon Prime. Reach out to your professor if there is any challenge locating the film. Question 2: Research Analysis (30 pts) Read the short story “For it is just this question of pain that parts us?” (attached PDF). Using the APPI Psychiatry Online Premium data base from the SPC Library (which is the 10th database down on the list), (1) provide a DSM diagnosis for Jerry. (2) In a short paragraph provide the basis for the diagnosis. (3) Using a college-level reference, in no more than two sentences, suggest an effective treatment for Jerry.Be sure to list all references in correct APA format. The response needs to be limited to 250-words (10% over/under). Grading Rubric: 20 points = Diagnosis/rationale, 5 points = treatment recommendation, and 5 points = grammar/APA format. Reference: Liebert, D. (2014). Shrink wrapped: Stories from a psychologist’s unconscious.Moonshine Cover Press.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.