Problem 1: Using the Marginal Approach (40 points)Suppose your company runs the shuttle business for a hotel to and from the localairport. The costs for different customer loads are:1 customer: $302 customers: $323 customers: $354 customers: $385 customers: $426 customers: $487 customers: $578 customers: $68. 1. What are your marginal costs for each customer load level?2. If you are compensated $10 per ride, what customer load would you choose? Problem 2: Elasticity and Pricing (40 points)Suppose the number of firms you compete with has recently increased. You estimatedthat as a result of the increased competition, the demand elasticity has increasedfrom –2 to –3 (i.e., you face more elastic demand). You are currently charging $10 foryour product. What is the price that you should charge if demand elasticity is -3? Problem 3: Price Discrimination (40 points)An amusement park, whose customer set is made up of two markets, adults andchildren, has developed demand schedules as follows: QuantityPrice ($) Adults Children 5 15 20 6 14 18 7 13 16 8 12 14 9 11 12 10 10 10 11 9 8 12 8 6 13 7 4 14 6 2 The marginal operating cost of each unit of quantity is $5. Because marginal cost is aconstant, so is average variable cost. Ignore fixed costs. The owners of the amusementpart want to maximize profits. Calculate the price, quantity, and profit if:1. The amusement park charges a different price in each market.2. The amusement park charges the same price in the two markets combined.3. Explain the difference in the profit realized under the two situations. Problem 4: Bundling (40 points)Time Warner could offer the History channel (H) and Showtime (S) individually or asa bundle of both.Suppose the reservation prices of customers 1 and 2 (the highest prices they arewilling to pay) are presented in the boxes below.The cost to Time Warner is $1 per customer for licensing fees. PreferencesShowtime History Channel Customer 1 9 2 Customer 2 3 8 1. Should Time Warner bundle or sell separately?2. Should Time Warner bundle if everyone likes Showtime more than the Historychannel (i.e., preferences are positively correlated). 3. Suppose Time Warner could sell Showtime for $9, and History channel for $8,while making a Showtime-History bundle available for $13. Should it usemixed bundling (i.e., sells products both separately and as a bundle)?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.