BUSI 1023: INTRODUCTION TO ECONOMICS FOR MANAGERSUNIT 10 EXERCISESQuestion 150 pointsDiagram 1$Price or UnitCB641E30AGMCMR200500 Quantity per weekIn a society, the efficient quantity of public goods produced is determined in the same way as theefficient quantity of production in a firm. That is, by comparing the marginal cost and marginal revenueand producing at the point where they equal each other. In hiring workers, the efficient number ofworkers to hire is at the point where the marginal revenue product (that is, price of product x no. of unitsworker produces) of an extra worker is equal to the cost or wage of that worker. To put it simply, if youpay a worker $100 per day (the Marginal Cost), once that worker continues to bring in revenue(Marginal Revenue) that exceeds his wage per day, you may continue to hire more workers. The optimalpoint is when the wage (or MC) – revenue (or MR). Note that MC = MR is an optimal point ofefficiency, and when Price – MC, this yields the most benefit to society. Let’s take a look at the effect ofthese factors in competitive versus monopoly situation and answer the following questions.a. In Diagram 1 above, suppose the industry is a competitive one. What would be the price chargedand quantity exchanged? Explain how you derived your answer.b. Now, assume Diagram 1 represents an industry that is a monopoly. What would be the prevailingprice and quantity exchanged? Explain.c. Assume Diagram 1 represents an industry that is a monopoly. What would be the profit perweek? Show your calculations.MacBook Air
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.