Lab Exercise 1 (20 points)You have to complete Prospect Hill Contour (on page 16).1.Watch video :How to Create Contour Lines for a Topographic Map ..In Lesson 1 : on Dixie Mine contour2.Look at the practice example of Dixie Mine contour in the next slide. ( same as the video)3.Download and print Lab exercise : Lab_01_Prospect_Hill_Contour_Map.pdf download Following the instructions given in the manual on page 15,Draw contours by hand on the printed Prospect Hill map.Scan it and upload it online.A certain determined percentage will be deducted for each incorrect point linked to a contour line. figure 1.6 Dixie Mine Contour.Instructions and observationSep 1: look at the Dixie Mine contour (Figure 1.6) and note areas that are surrounded by lower and upper elevations. Also look for area where there might be a repeat of a contour line indicating a change in slope direction.Sep 2: Use a contour interval of 20 feet so that each contour line represents a change of 20 feet in elevation above mean sea level. Begin by locating the highest points on the map, and then draw a contour line by connecting the points having that elevation.Sep 3: Find the next highest points on the contour map and connect them, remembering that contour lines tend to be concentric. Continue drawing contour lines until you have lines passing through all of the spot elevations. You may need to redraw lines to make them concentric with lines above or below them.Sep 4: Locate the highest closed concentric contours and write in the label “hill.” Locate the lowest closed concentric contours and write in the label “depression.” Be sure to add tick marks on the downlope side of the depression contours.Once you ‘ve completed this practice exercise, check your answer with the student answer key in the back of this lab manual or in the online supplement. Once you ‘re satisfied with your results, you are ready to complete the prospect Hill contour Exercise as part of your lab assignment for this lesson.Prospect Hill contour ExerciseUse what you learned from the Dixie Mine exercise to complete the prospect Hill contour exercise ( Figure 1.7). Follow the same instructions you used for the Dixie Mine contour exercise (figure 1.6). Labeling any hills and / or depressions you may find. Used pencil so you can make adjustments as you draw. You might also want to photocopy the exercise or download a copy of this exercise from the online supplement for this lab so you can have a fresh copy for each attempt until you are satisfied with result.Submit your work as directed by your instructor.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.