Last 2 digits: 58Last 3 digits: 858
Last 2 digits: 58 Last 3 digits: 858
QBB4073Z 2 1. a. You are as signed to inte rpret the ge omechanics of a fractured carbonate at a specific site . Th e table shows information on the properties of the rock sample taken from the site . TABLE Q1 : Saturated limeston e core da ta s et taken at the site. Parameter Description Fracture Ang le (ᵒ) Last 2 digit of your ID Cohesive Strength (MPa) Last 2 digit of your ID Water Saturation in Core (%) Last 2 digit of your ID Confining Stress (MPa) Last 3 digit of your ID i. T he fracture s are observe to be in motion . Il lustrate the core under stress, design the Mohr Circle with assumptions of values that are not provided and justify your interpretation in detail. [ 15 marks] ii . If another core is a non – sedimentary rock exhibiting the same properties , a ssume the rock strength values of both cores , interpret the deformation behaviour and provide technical reasoning to your interpretation . Name the non – sedimentary rock in the discussion . [15 m arks] iii. U pscale your fractures from core scale to reservoir scale. Assuming t he core is fully saturated with oil , elaborate the hydrofracturing that may occur and propose a plan for stimulation on the fractured reservoir system . [10 marks] QBB4073Z 3 2. A team has cond uc ted a r eservoir characteriza tion to a coal bed formation. The fractu red reservoir system was characterized with an aerial scale of 100 x 100 km. FIGURE Q 2 : Fractured reservoir characterization interpreted by Zhang et a l. (2015). a. Given the average matrix permeability of 30%, and the last two digi t of your I D as the average fracture porosity. Interpret the reservo ir issues that may occur and propose the solution. [20 marks] b. If the coal bed reservoir is replaced with a granite oil basement, exhibitin g the same fracture intensity, fracture porosity and fracture permeability containing 500 MMbbl, design a brief field development plan by including the number of wells and production rate for each well. [20 marks] c. You are required to present your findings to the stackholder. Defend your proposal in part (b) , on the decision whether to develop or not the fractured reservoir system, based on geomechanics and economics perspective . [20 marks] – END OF PAPER –
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.