please read the attached file and read the situation.You will write and submit a 2-page paper discussing:the possible causes of miscommunications that Kenjo is experiencing Kenjo’s first impressions New York and the culture of New Yorkers some of the barriers that Kenjo first experienced in trying to assimilate into the New York culture advice that you would give to someone from another country on how they can best adapt to a new culture.Cultural Islands Exercise – Due March 3, 2020
Kenjo has been transferred from his home country of Japan, to the USA
to be a member of a project team. Since Kenjo left his native country and
culture, Kenjo has now become of a New York-based project team. He is
now required to become a member of a team where the manager and
ALL team members are USA-born, or were raised in the USA. These coworkers speak English as their first and native language. Kenjo’s first
language is Japanese. Kenjo, like most Japanese co-workers in Japan,
would be considered a high-context communicator.
Differences and Behaviors:
Kenjo’s team communicates with each other in a low-context language,
they are very direct with each other. They are very often loud, aggressive
and even insulting in the way they speak to each other. Kenjo noticed
that even though they may argue and speak strongly to each other, they
will usually go out and drink beer together after work. They also play on
the company’s volleyball team together. Some of the team members
even socialize together on the weekends.
Kenjo played volleyball in high school and he is proud of the fact that he
was a member of a championship team, but Kenjo has NOT been asked
to join the company team.
Being from a culture that displays a low power distance, Kenjo’s coworkers are often critical of the project team boss, and they tell her what
they like and dislike about her management style and ideas.
Since Kenjo is from largely a high-power distance culture, he finds his
co-workers’ treatment of managers disrespectful and insulting. Kenjo
does NOT behave this way.
Kenjo has been asked by his project manager to gather information for
the project ASAP (As Soon As Possible) and report to her, but Kenjo has
some questions about the specific information that she wants.
He tries to schedule time with her to gain a better understanding of
exactly what she is expecting from Kenjo, but she tells Kenjo that since
the project is already behind schedule that she can’t meet with Kenjo,
and she expects that Kenjo, as a smart person, will figure out what is
She sends Kenjo a text later the same day, and again asks Kenjo when
will he have the project information for her.
Kenjo is feeling a great deal of pressure and anxiety, and Kenjo seriously
wonders if he has made a major career mistake in coming to the USA to
work on this project. Kenjo actually starts considering whether he should
ask for a transfer back to Japan, or if he should find a job with another
Japanese company in Japan.
Kenjo feels that based on the situation described above, he is on a
“Cultural Island” all by himself.
Discussion Forum Posting: Due March 3, 2020
You will submit a discussion board posting regarding YOUR personal
“Cultural Island” experience for the other members of the class who
were not in your small discussion group on February 25, 2020.
You will also respond to a MINIMUM of 2-other students’ postings.
2-Page Paper: Due March 3, 2020
You will write and submit a 2-page paper discussing:
• the possible causes of miscommunications that Kenjo is
• Kenjo’s first impressions New York and the culture of New Yorkers
• some of the barriers that Kenjo first experienced in trying to
assimilate into the New York culture
• advice that you would give to someone from another country on
how they can best adapt to a new culture.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.