see attached file
see attached file
Question 1 (15 points) Research by Maria Prados and Stefania Albanesi shows that after 1995 the US economy experienced a decline in the labor force participation of married women. The decline was particularly marked for women with at least a college degree.Consider Olivia a college graduate who enjoys consumption goods (C) and leisure time (L). Upon graduating college, she is offered a job that pays $50 an hour. Her yearly time budget is 6,000 hours. The unit price of consumption goods is $1. a) Write the expressions for Olivia’s time constraint and income constraint and then combine them to find her yearly budget constraint. b) In a diagram measuring leisure time along the horizontal axis and consumption along the vertical axis draw Olivia’s budget constraint. Olivia’s utility from consumption and leisure time is U(C,L) = C1/3L2/3.c) Write Olivia’s Utility Maximization Problem. d) Compute first order conditions and solve for Olivia’s optimal level of consumption and optimal number of hours of leisure.e) What is the economic interpretation of the condition: |MRSC,L| = MUL/MUC = w/p where w is the hourly wage rate and p a measure of the general level of consumer goods prices?f) In your diagram, add an indifference curve to illustrate Olivia’s optimal bundle.g) How many hours does Olivia work this year?Olivia gets married to another college graduate who earns $200 an hour. After marrying, Olivia shares expenses with her spouse. Effectively it is as if she receives $200,000 of income from other sources each year.h) Write the expression of Olivia’s yearly budget constraint after she gets married and illustrate her new budget constraint in your diagram. i) Show that after marrying, each year Olivia wishes to enjoy more than 6,000 hours of leisure time and so she decides to drop out from the labor force.j) In your diagram, illustrate Olivia’s optimal bundle after marrying. Question 4 (10 points) Consider duopoly where demand is QD = 70 – P and two firms, firm A and firm B, compete against each other a la Cournot by simultaneously choosing quantity. The two firms have identical total cost TC(q) = 10q. Keep in mind that Q = qA + qB.a) Find firm A’s best response function to the quantity qB chosen by firm B and draw it in a diagram where you measure the quantity produced by firm A along the horizontal axis and the quantity produced by firm B along the vertical axis.b) Find the Cournot equilibrium and illustrate it in your diagram. Keep in mind that your diagram must have a best response curve for firm A and a best response curve for firm B.Suppose firm A discovers a new process that lowers its total cost to TC’A(qA) = 4qA. Total cost at firm B stays the same.c) At the new Cournot equilibrium, will firm A produce more or less than before? Will firm B produce more or less than before? Will total output be higher or lower than before? Clearly explain.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.