Please respond to the following problem with 200 words 12 font times roman,citations, and references 2.) Discuss the impact of deforestation on the countries within Southeast Asia.In an effort to keep up with the globally trending society, the southeasternportion of Asia has experienced mass deforestation. Many of the countries in south East Asiaare covered in forest and some even in rain forest. Although the indigenous people have always cut down forest for agriculture, the deforestation for export logging has plagued the forested portions of south East Asia. In Malaysia the export of tropical hardwoods have caused much of the forest to be cut down. This has caused other states of the region to join in with the lucrative business. The largest country in Southeast Asiawhich is Indonesia, holds two thirds of the regions forest, this is about ten percent of theworld’stropical rainforest. In the past twenty six years it has lost over sixty eight million acres of forest. Although this is very drastic there is a glimpse of sunshine, there are still one hundred and nineteen million acres of forest left. In Thailand more than forty nine percent of its forest was cut since the nineteen sixties. The loss of forestry has caused erosions and silt accumulation in, irrigation works and many hydroelectric facilities. This prompted many anti logging bans which severely look down upon commercial logging. Due to the mass loss of forest in Thailand and the bans many logging companies moved to Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. Vietnam and Cambodia are reported to have the second and third fastest deforestation rates in the world. The reforestation of deforested parts of Southeast Asiahas lead to a less bio-diverse forest which doesn’t support the lives of the indigenous species. Also weather hazard have arose fromthe removal of forest along coastal areas, as they once served as a protection from storms along the coast.( Rowntree, Lester. Diversity Amid Globalization: World Regions, Environment, Development. 4th ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall, 2009 Pg, 592)
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.