This week you are learning about the use of rhetoric* in describing disability. You have learned that descriptions, like wheelchair bound, confined to a wheelchair, retarded, cripple, handicapped, Special Education, etc., all have negative connotations. They are words that were either accepted in the past and/or used as derogatory remarks.1. What is ‘normal’? What does normal mean to you? Explain the negative connotations of this word (4-5+ sentences). 2. How is ignorance expressed in the sentence below? (4-5+ sentences)“His speech now is pretty close to normal . . . You wouldn’t be able to tell he’s deaf if you didn’t see the aid” (Expression: The Magazine of Emerson College, 15, 2015). *Make sure you understand what rhetoric means. It is the art of persuasive speaking or writing. Rhetoric can also be expressed in visual terms. This approach includes the use of ethos (how credible your argument is), pathos (the appeal to your emotions), and logos (the logic/structure of your argument).
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.