Yuliya is training for a triathlon. She is confident with her cycling, so is concentrating on running and swimming while training. It turns out that: • on 55% of the days she goes running • of the days that she goes running, on 60% of these days she also goes swimming.(a) Let R denote the event Yuliya goes running while training, and let S denote the event that Yuliya goes swimming. Write the information given in the two bullet points in symbolic form. (b) Calculate the probability that on a randomly chosen day Yuliya chooses to go running and swimming while training.(c) Additional information is now given that Yuliya goes swimming on 50% of the days. Calculate the probability that on a randomly chosen day, while training, when Yuliya has chosen to go swimming that she also goes running. (d) What is the probability that Yuliya chooses to run or swim, or both while training? (e) For Yuliya, while training, are the events of running and swimming independent? Give a reason for your answer.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.